Solution: IPL Acne Therapy
IPL Acne Therapy is an effective new light-based therapeutic therapy is now revolutionizing the treatment of acne. The IPL Acne Therapy destroys the most common bacteria that cause acne — without drugs, without pain and without downtime. The IPL system has FDA clearance for the treatment of acne.
IPL, “Intense Pulse Light” is one of the safest acne treatments available…proven to be extremely effective on moderate inflammatory acne. Its technology uses light that is UV-safe and has no known side effects. Pregnant women and people with photosensitivity should first consult with their physician.
Our clinics are ready to assist you in a successful acne treatment regimen. Contact our friendly professionals for your personal and confidential appointment today!
Where It Starts
An acne breakout starts in the skin's tiny holes, commonly called pores. It takes about two to three weeks before a blemish shows up on the skin's surface. Deep within each pore is a sebaceous gland that works to produce sebum, an oil that keeps skin soft and moist. As the skin renews itself, old skin cells die and are shed off. Under the best circumstances, this happens evenly and gradually, making way for fresh new skin. But some people shed skin unevenly and as a result, dead cells mix with sebum and clump together to form a sticky plug. This plug traps oil and bacteria inside the pore — the beginning of a blemish. During puberty, hormones accelerate oil-producing sebaceous glands into hyperdrive, putting teen skin at particular risk for acne.
What not to do:
- Don't over wash or use harsh scrubs. Acne is not caused by dirt.
- Don't use alcohol-based products. Alcohol strips the top layer of the skin and many astringents contain alcohol which can cause dryness and irritation.
- Beware of sweat. Working out heats up the body, and perspiration makes the skin an even more attractive environment for acne bacteria to grow.
- Don't squeeze or pick. It's important to adopt a strict "hands off" policy when it comes to acne. Picking can lead to more inflammation and permanent scarring.
- Don't let acne define you. Remember that who you are goes beyond the condition of your skin.
If you have any wellness tips, ideas or stories; we would love to hear them!